Tuesday, 16 May 2017

Football at Wembley

When The Brainy One was offered free tickets to the
Women's FA Cup Final at Wembley, we decided to make use of them.  
Truth be told, I'm ambivalent about the beautiful game.
I know most of the club names in the Premiership and a few star players,
but not much more.  These last few years though, I've had to up my game
and at least browse the back pages of the newspaper in order to keep up with The Boy Child.   
You won't be surprised by my telling you that I'd never been to a professional football match.
But, Wembley, the home of English football?
On Cup Final Day?
For free?
That's an item ticked off my Bucket List.
If I had a Bucket List.
With a football match at Wembley on it.
I was prepared to be bored rigid and even considered slipping my Kindle into my bag.
But you know what, I loved it!
And it's not every day that I get to say that I saw a World Cup winner score at Wembley.
As for The Boy Child, he thought it was brilliant!  Probably because the crowd, at a little over 35,000 (35,271 to be exact, a new record attendance for women's football), didn't feel too oppressive
 and the noise level was manageable.
      Final result: Manchester City Ladies: 4, Birmingham City Ladies: 1.


2 comments:

debs14 said...

I bet the atmosphere was amazing - dare I say that the Women's football team sometimes appear to do better than the men's? So pleased that TBC wasn't overwhelmed by the crowds or the noise. Sounds like a great day out, and even better that the tickets were free!

Patio Postcards said...

I like it, sometimes we can be so surprised by events we reluctantly go to. Mr Man has always preferred to watch the women's (ice) hockey games, he says they play the sport as it was intended. A victory for TBC too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...