Tuesday, 14 March 2017

Reducing My Online Footprint

The Brainy One and I have been subjected to protracted anonymous attempts
to gain access to our varied and numerous online accounts
I won't bore you with the details, but suffice to say, 
we are actively taking steps to reduce our online footprint.
I have deactivated my Facebook accounts (personal and the blog's).
I have never been on LinkedIn.
I have never been on Twitter.
I will no longer respond to emails from friends where the body of the text
is merely a link and without a covering explanation.

I will, however, continue to blog and use pseudonyms for my family.
I remain active on Instagram.
I will delete comments where real names have been used.
The internet can be used as a force for good,
and I hope you'll stick with me as I attempt to navigate
a successful route along its many highways. 
    

4 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Ruth I can well sympathize, both Mr Man & I had our original FaceBook page hacked/stolen & the person is still using the hacked F/B. It was extremely upsetting at the time. I change passwords on everything very regularly. SO glad you will continue to blog.

debs14 said...

I'm so pleased you're not going to go off the grid completely. What a shame that people have nothing better to do than hack accounts.

alexa said...

We will stay the course with you :). It's very upsetting to be on the receiving end of such sustained attacks (that's what they feel like) for no reason that we can discern. More power to your elbow.

Sian said...

I'm really sorry to hear this. It sounds very upsetting.