I've been telling myself, in a bah humbug kind of way,
that Christmas is ages away ...
On the way to school this morning, The Boy Child and I worked out
that as of next Monday, there are only
20 school days left until the Christmas holidays.
I admit to feeling surprised.
Christmas has always been my favourite time of the year,
more so since I became a mother.
Here, just for fun, are 10 Things I love about Christmas.
1) Writing to Santa: Because of a delay in his fine motor skills, The Boy Child was unable to write legibly until he was in Year 2, and didn't write his own letter to Santa until Christmas 2013.
2) The Magic of Santa: Christmas absolutely becomes more magical when you have young children. They count the days until Elvis arrives. They perform in the school Nativity. They want to visit Santa. They want to wear a Santa hat What's not to love?
3) Christmas pop music: All the old favourites, that we don't remember learning, but still know word for word. This year a new favourite will be Lady Antebellum.
4) Christmas wrapping: I used to be all about the cheap and cheerful. Now, I'm realising that as much thought should go into the outside of a gift, as to the contents inside.
5) December Daily: It's hard now to imagine a December without this project.
6) Cranberry Sauce: Another newish tradition. Nigella's recipe for the win.
7) Christmas Baubles: Another tradition that came into being after the birth of The Boy Child. We add at least one new bauble to our collection every year.