Thursday, 13 June 2013

Plantar Fasciitis

I have pain in my feet.
I frequently have a sharp, stabbing kind of pain in the ball of my left foot.
My mum suggested it may be gout.  Thanks, mum.
The Brainy One thought it was most likely musculoskeletal.
My doctor tells me that I most likely have Plantar Fasciitis, which is inflammation of the band of tissue which stretches from your heel to your middle foot bones.
Or I might not, because I hardly have any of the right kind of symptoms for Plantar Fasciitis.
Apart from the pain.
There'll be an x-ray in about a month.
But no need to worry.
And if it is Plantar Fasciitis?  
It could hang around for up to a year.
Will it stop me from wearing my new summer sandals?
What do you think?

10 comments:

Alison said...

It would take a lot to get ME not to wear them....love 'em!
Alison xx

debs14 said...

My friend had that, said it felt like a sharp stone was digging into her foot when she walked. Physio cured it but it took a little while. Lovely sandals, such a pretty colour, hope you can soon wear them comfortably.

Sandie said...

I have a friend who experienced that condition and she found it very painful... poor you.
Hope the X Ray gives you a result and it is one you might hope for.

Carrie Rosalind said...

I have been having some foot pain lately too - not sure what it is but I'm off to look up the symptoms of plantar fasciitis and diagnose myself. ;)

Abi said...

I hope you get better soon. Those shoes are gorgeous.

Sian said...

Blimey, I hope it doesn't stop you pounding those pavements in search of new pictures!

Amy said...

I have had PF for several years, it comes and goes. Once sorted, good shoes with very good arch support and in some shoes, orthotics, are a must.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I had/have PF too. I found wearing my Vibram Five Fingers shoes or going barefoot most of the time seems to help a lot.

Nice shoes!

alexa said...

That sounds most unpleasant and hope you get some relief soon. I wouldn't have a hope of walking in your elegant shoes as I would probably fall over!

Liz said...

Hope your feet are better in time for Disney. :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...